Tractor-Trailer Hangs Off I-295 in South Jersey


A tractor-trailer tumbled off a busy South Jersey highway Friday morning leaving it perched nearly upright off an overpass.

The truck driver collided with a car in the northbound lanes of Interstate 295 in Mount Laurel Township, Burlington County, before 4 a.m., New Jersey State Police said.

The big rig then went over the side of I-295, the cab landing on Church Street below.

The truck driver suffered minor injuries, police said.

Only one northbound lane of I-295 northbound remained opened as crews worked to figure out how to clear the crash and cleanup a fuel spill. By 6:15 a.m., traffic moved about 18 minutes slower past the scene than normal, according to Waze.

The New Jersey Turnpike can be used as an alternate route.



Photo Credit: NBC10

from NBC New York - Top Stories https://ift.tt/2GaGTz5
Tractor-Trailer Hangs Off I-295 in South Jersey Tractor-Trailer Hangs Off I-295 in South Jersey Reviewed by nice on 4:39 AM Rating: 5

No comments:

Business

Powered by Blogger.